- Development of eight Regional Committees on Aging and Developmental
- Funding and planning support to regional workshops across Ontario.
- Consultation and support to local cross sector projects.
- Consultation with government on emerging issues related to aging and developmental disabilities:
- Transition planning.
- Cross sector training.
- Access to services for seniors.
- Facilities closures.
- Local Health Integration Networks.
- Best practices.
- Development of a train the trainer model for delivery of the U-First! training curriculum to cross sector audiences of long term care and developmental services caregivers.
- Publication and distribution of resources for planners and caregivers:
- Aging with a Developmental Disability - Transition Guide for
- Guide on Accessing Seniors Community Programs.
- Guide on Advance Care Planning and Financial Issues.
- OPADD Model of Best Practices in Transition Planning.
- The OPADD Letter (quarterly electronic newsletter)
- The OPADD Update (monthly news to OPADD partners)
- Publication of studies and discussion documents:
- Building a Future Where Aging is OK - Report of the OPADD
- Engaging the New Healthcare Planning Paradigm – OPADD and LHINs.
- Taking the Next Steps - An analysis of the symposium and workshops 1999 - 2001
- Support to knowledge dissemination on aging and developmental disabilities:
- OPADD website and discussion centre.
- Consultation with educators on curriculum adaptation to include aging and developmental disabilities.
- OPADD quarterly meetings.
- Linking practitioners and researchers.
© OPADD 2007